The Renaissance Performing Arts Association seeks a student enrolled in a college or graduate program for a winter internship in Production/Technical Theatre Departments. The position will run from late January-late March 2018. Exact times and days are adaptable with the student’s availability. The internship is paid and consists of a 20-hour work week, Tuesdays-Fridays (including some evenings) and some weekends. If necessary, the Renaissance can work with student’s class schedule when scheduling the 20-hour work week.
The Intern will assist with all aspects of pre-production/production of the musical The Hunchback of Notre Dame as well as other productions during the internship period. The internship will be extremely hands-on and will be mentored by the Renaissance artistic and technical staff. Stage management and technical theatre duties include:
- Student will serve as the Assistant Director for the musical, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Organizing rehearsal materials
- Managing and organizing rehearsals and cast
- Overseeing all aspects of rehearsal
a. Serve as cast liaison
b. Keep track of cast attendance – absences and lateness
c. Rehearsal material coordinator: set up/clean up, prop set up, general stage maintenance
d. Stage crew duties – working backstage or in the booth during the production
e. Run audio playback (Qlab)
f. Pre-Production duties – set and prop collection and/or creation (construction and painting), assisting costumer, assisting sound, lighting and set designer and general cleanup and maintenance.
5. Support the Marketing Department by managing social media messages received and comments
6. Occasional support as needed of management team requests.
The ideal candidate is motivated and mature, able to work both autonomously and with a team, is task-driven, and possesses strong communication skills.
- Basic carpentry
- Office/computer skills
- General theatre knowledge (lighting/sets/props/costumes/flies)
Professional behavior expectations:
- Punctual and reliable
- Respectful of authority
- Cooperative with staff
- Wears appropriate attire
- Enjoys working in a theatre environment