The Front of House Manager is responsible for the coordination and smooth operation of the Renaissance Theatre Front of House areas, including the lobby, concession areas and bars, coat check, and front of house show duties. This position encompasses bar/concession management and supervision of volunteer coordinator, bartenders, and volunteer staff assigned to ushering, coat check, merchandise, and concessions, for live events, movies, and private events. The Front of House Manager oversees all public areas of the theatre, ensuring outstanding customer service through all aspects of the business, including volunteer training and expectations.
The Front of House Manager will:
1. Ensure the safety of patrons, volunteers, and staff through the proper implementation and enforcement of emergency procedures
2. Correspond regularly with the Box Office Manager for show prep and recap
3. Resolve patron complaints/issues arising during events
4. Coordinate, train, & maintain quality control for Encore League volunteer ushers
5. Submit cash requests and deposits for events
6. Maintain bar and concession stock through inventory, purchasing, pickup where necessary, and stocking before shows and as needed.
7. Work with Facilities Manager to maintain the cleanliness of the lobby areas before and during shows
· Experience with hospitality industry and liquor
· Excellent interpersonal skills, even temperament, responsive and considerate of patron needs
· Ability to supervise effectively
· Strong organizational and management skills
· Willing to work weekends, evenings, and some split shifts
· Ability to deliver high standards in a fast-paced environment with a positive team attitude is a must
• People person and team player
• Organized and upbeat personality
• Experience with volunteers and practical knowledge of theatre environment
• Energetic person with creative side looking for an attractive mix of arts and hospitality
This position is part-time hourly with evening and weekend schedules.