Mansfield Symphony Youth Orchestra and Youth String auditions for new members will be held on June 5, 6, and 7 from 3:30-7:00pm at Lexington High School; 103 Clever Lane, Lexington, OH 44904.
Complete the Form Below or Click Here: Register for an Audition
1. First organized in 1982, the Mansfield Symphony Youth Orchestra and Youth Strings program includes students from over 20 schools, representing Richland, Ashland, Crawford, Wayne, Morrow, Huron, Marion, Holmes, Seneca, and Wyandot counties.
2. The only youth orchestra program in this part of Ohio, the MSYO numbers roughly 90 players, primarily in grades nine through twelve, and Youth Strings is comprised of approximately 50 members in grades 6-10. Nearly 100% of members study privately.
3. The Youth Orchestra rehearses September through May on Monday evenings, while Youth Strings rehearses September through March on Thursday evenings. Rehearsals take place at Lexington High School and Eastern Elementary in Mansfield.
4. Each group performs two "formal" concerts at the historic Renaissance Theatre in Mansfield and other locations in the community. Concerts include a wide range of the world's greatest classical music, along with some more contemporary styles.
5. All members of the Youth Orchestra and Youth Strings must be members of their own school band and/or orchestra, if applicable.
6. Auditions consist of a 2-minute solo or etude of your choice and the audition music provided.
7. Upon acceptance, tuition fee is $50 per year. Scholarships are available.