The Renaissance seeks a Finance Assistant. This position is part-time, at-will, and reports to the Director of Finance. The Finance Assistant assists the Director of Finance with Accounting and Human Resources duties including, but not limited to:
- Maintain timely and accurate financial records on QuickBooks Cloud.
- Reconcile and enter daily ticketing and development activity from ticketing program.
- Prepare bank deposits and receive credit card payments from Box Office and Internet.
- Enter and prepare bills for proper payment processing.
- Create invoices in accounts receivable, issue monthly statements, and oversee timely payment.
- Recognize deferred revenue after shows/events or as needed.
- Pick up and process daily post office and street address mail.
- Compile and reconcile petty cash, concessions and box office monies for all events.
- Take inventory of concession and bar quarterly.Assist in the preparation of payroll entry for all employees for offsite processing.
- Filing of all Finance and Human Resources documents as needed. Assist in document retention and destruction.
- Prior accounting/bookkeeping experience; payroll experience a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks
- Friendly, professional demeanor
The ideal candidate will be punctual and reliable, cooperative with staff, possess a positive attitude, and have some college experience. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience. Weekly hours approximately 15-20 hours/week.